Sunday 8 August 2010

Soundtrack to My Life

Music is a powerful thing and has always been around in my life. However, there have been some songs that have burned themselves into my mind as the definitive soundtrack that has punctuated my years.


And the embarrasment starts:
Michael Jackon - Man In the Mirror
Mark Knoffler - Local Hero

Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction

Blacknuss - Diahna
Babybird - You're Georgeous

Lionel Ritchie - Hello

Karen Mok 莫文蔚 - Suddenly
Pachelbel - Canon in D

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Michael Jackson - The Lady In My Life

David Tao 陶喆 - Susan Said
David Tao 陶喆 - 愛,很簡單
Eason Chan 陳奕迅 - 歲月如歌

Ping Pung - 愛是最大權利

Wang Lee Hom 王力宏 - Kiss Goodbye

Probably, for each track I can hear it and there will be a time and a place that will be brought forward; sometimes from a time that I thought I had lost forever. The power of association/anchoring is both a terrible and beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment